Saturday 12 January 2013

Did You Ever See?

Let me tell you a little bit about my friend Megan.

I moved from Australia to England when I was 21, and Megan was the first person in England who was nice to me. For a long time, she was pretty much the only person in England who was nice to me. We were living in Cambridge, which was a pretty hard and unwelcoming place, and she met me on almost my first day and took me under her wing. Without her friendship I think I would probably have fallen entirely apart. Also, I would have had nobody whose door I could knock on far too late to cry about some stupid, inappropriate boy. She was (and is) one of the kindest people I have ever met, and one of the people who makes me laugh the most.  She is also the person who taught me (although she may not remember this) that sometimes breakfast cereal is okay for dinner, too. See? Kind, funny AND smart. I wish you knew her in real life; she's super-duper. She's one of the good ones.

She moved back to Scotland less than a year after we met, and I've missed her ever since. We hardly see each other (see above, re: she lives in Scotland) but she's never far from my mind. She is one of my few real-life friends who know about this blog, and I know that she secretly lurks on some of yours.

Anyway. Look at this little piece of perfection:

He's Megan's baby!   He's just come home this week after 5 weeks of special preemie care - Megan was due in February, but ended up having P in December, so he's now home about a month before he was due to make an appearance at all.  

Did you ever see a squishier, more delicious little snuggleupagus? I think he needs a cuddle from Claudia. Also, based on this picture, I'm pretty sure he is always angelically asleep and never cries. A baby this cute would never cry, right?

I'd been planning to visit Megan in January (ie, now)  - but now, obviously, more important things have intervened. I had hoped to see M, for the last time before the baby, do some excited squeeeeing and pass on a ton of useless, unwanted parenting advice.  But you beat me to the punch, P. I forgive you, though, because you are crazy-cute.

So anyway, I can't do this in person, so I'm going to do it here. Congratulations, Megan and A, on your perfect little son. And welcome to the world, baby P. I'm so glad you're here. I'm even more glad that you're home. Be good to your mother, boy.

2 comments:

  1. Dear IRL friend of Claudia's,
    Thank you for making it easier for her to stick around. Also, that is one angelically beautifully wee one you have there. Bless you both and welcome, tiny angel!
    Love,
    Someone else long overdue for a Claudia hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless friends like Megan. How lucky she was there for you and how wonderful that you have kept in touch for so long.
    That sure is a sweet little guy she has there.

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!