Monday 24 May 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure Blogging

More cutesy baby pics coming soon, I promise. In the meantime, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff. And sometimes I feel like a bit of a fraud with the cutesy baby pics, actually, but that's a whole 'nother topic. But now I'm at that terrible 'muddled-in-my-head' stage where I feel like my head is too full of contradictory thoughts, and there's no way I can get it all out without writing pages and pages and pages that will quickly become boring.

So, I'm totally stealing an idea from a few months ago from Brenda (who has the cutest new puppy in the WORLD) and I'm going to ask you to tell me - which of these things should I get down first?

1) My Life as a Celebrity - pushing a stroller around town with my transracially adopted twins
2) Listening to the Experts - thinking about the adult adoptee perspective
3) If I could give just one piece of adoption advice, it would be...
4) The Hospital (this one's probably a bit dull, actually, but if I remove it, my numbering will be all shot)
5) My Children Are Not Educational Toys (answering white middle class questions about race)
6) What Flooring Should I Choose for my Lounge? (not a trick, just something I've been thinking about)
7) Ducklings (attachment, seven-ish months in)
8) Top Tips for Photographing Babies (not a trick, either)
9) Are you SURE nobody told you? (reflections on adoption prep)

So, over to you - what page do you want to turn to? (Am assuming you all read those books as kids, right? RIGHT?)

17 comments:

  1. I loved those books - as an obsessive type of person, I used to read it tons of times to figure out all the options and endings.

    Very sad.

    To answer your question, 1 and 5.

    D and I don't look all that different but we are trans-racial so it's also interesting......

    If we'd ever adopted I'd have wanted the same combination as we are jsut so the poor kids wouldn't have to go through all the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 (first pick b/c it's a big interest of mine), 5, 7 then the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED choose your own adventure books. I definitely would read all the endings.

    Can I pick all of them? Ok, fine, how about 5, 1, 7 and 9. In that order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choose 'My life as a Celebrity,' please. (I think the fact that you have twins must create exponential amounts of attention.)

    Also, I choose 'Photographing Babies' as I love your photos and I have discovered that photographing my kid has become much harder now that he is older. He moves out of the frame so fast and he poses and grins unnaturally which drives me bonkers. Baby shots are all candid, not so with an older child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for #1, #2, and #5.

    But there will still be baby pics, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of them for sure but the life as a celebrity and 1 piece of adoption advice are on top. the celebrity thing hits home to me because we are such a young family (hubby and I are 32, 33) and will soon have 7 kids including 3 adopted, two from Ethiopia. Already we get asked constantly if "all these kids are yours?!", lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read all of them, of course, but would love to jump start on "My Children are not educational toys" and Photographing babies! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to go with #5- because I am anxious to know what sorts of questions/comments you get across the pond from us.

    *I love this concept of choose your own adventure BTW. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My original pick was #9 but I've become tainted by peer pressure and changed to #5. But you'll get to all of them eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. In no particular order, #1, #3, #5, and #9.

    Start with those four, then you can worry about the rest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, tricky. 1, 2, 3, 5, 9...but I like the others too, and love discussing renovation issues, like flooring choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you know I'm going to hang on your every word related to the babies and adoption...so....any of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you know I'm going to hang on your every word related to the babies and adoption...so....any of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my choices and the reason in order:
    8-having my own gorgeous twins, I need all the help I can get!

    5-having my own gorgeous twins, I would love to compare responses

    1-having my own gorgeous twins, it would be interesting to see what your version of Twin-ebrity is like on that side of the pond.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to all of them.
    And I am really and truly sorry if you feel like a fraud with your cutesy baby pics but they are seriously the two cutest children in the world (my apologies to my own son and daughter who are also quite cute but not even close to as cute as yours and who are too young to read this so will never know that I am such a bad Mama.) Because your babies are so cute you owe pictures to the rest of us, even if it makes you feel like a fraud. But we also love your writing (how will you find time to eat when you have so many topics to cover and so many pictures to take??)
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to hear about all of them!
    And belated thanks for the long and interesting email!
    I think we are kindred spirits because Gilmore Girls has seen me through all manner of crisis and uncomfortable situations. Add in chocolate and really I am good to go. There was more in that email that struck me as hilarious and so so true but now, two weeks later and a million miles closer to her I just can't think properly.
    :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!