Tuesday 16 December 2008

I'm not really anxious about adoption today

Because I'm anxious about work. Thinking about the amount of work I have to get done in the next few work weeks makes me feel pretty dizzy. Suffice to say, there's a lot to be done. Aren't we supposed to be winding down for Christmas about now? Instead, it's nearly seven pm and I'm still here (no, am not wasting valuable time blogging, am waiting for software update. And blogging. Completely different).

I was sitting in a meeting this morning, feeling my life force slowly drain away and trying to keep a list of all the new tasks I was agreeing to do before the next meeting on 20 January, when it suddenly struck me - that's after my panel date! Wow! If all goes well at panel, I'll be out of the adoption closet by then. And people at work will actually know what's going on in my life, which will actually be pretty weird after having kept it quiet for so long. That feels really strange.

Anyway, in the meantime, please excuse me while I find a paper bag to go and hyperventilate into...

4 comments:

  1. Please share the bag! I am right there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things are so hectic, but am excited that you have some dates to look forward to. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to come "out of the adoption closet!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be so nice for you to "come out"...yay!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Over to you!